I am a freelance writer, and I have had a good morning. I woke up around nine o’clock, stumbled out into the living room and sat down at my computer. I had an article due at noon today, so I did not have time to take a shower this morning. That’s okay though. My jammies are actually quite comfortable.

My husband, who is currently looking for work, made some coffee and helped get our kid's breakfast, while I sat and wrote. I took a short break to get our kids going on their schoolwork, and then I went back to the writing. After finishing the article and submitting a piece that I’m sure will win me a Pulitzer, I checked over the schoolwork and instructed my husband on how to fill and frost peanut butter cup cupcakes. After that, it was time to shower.

While in the shower, I formulated the outline for the next piece I needed to work on. Feeling not so thin today, I chose to wear my favorite jeans and one of my husband’s button-down shirts. It’s somewhat chilly today, so I kept on my cozy slippers. After refilling my coffee cup and grabbing one of the successfully completed cupcakes, I sat back down to work while my kids went outside to play.

That description alone should be enough to make anyone understand why I became a freelance writer. The truth of the matter is that I became a writer because I love words. I love to read them, hear them and write them down. I have always been a word lover, and it just made sense to me to try to find a way to make money doing what I love.

It wasn’t easy, and I definitely paid my dues by writing articles on things that bored me to tears, but perseverance and confidence have enabled me to be at the position where I choose what I want to write about. I write what I know, I write what I love, and I write things that make me happy. That’s why I wanted to freelance. The slippers are just a fringe benefit.

Contributing Guest Writer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Blogger Template by Adam Every | Converted from Classic Problogger